Houston Events: weekly calendar May 21-26 2012
a little late (the road trip was more exhausting than expected) but none the less, here is a calendar of Houston’s upcoming events for the week of may 21-26th 2012. makenzie and I are going to try to make a some of the events, hope to see you around our town!
- there are free exercise classes daily at discovery green. no excuses for not getting into shape this summer!
- queer meet up group movie at ESSC : XXY
- tango lessons at the continental club on main st
- i will FOR SURE be at this food sharing + press conference outside city hall put on by Keep Sharing Free. bring a vegetarian dish to share, or a hungry belly, or just yourself
- another free class offered at discovery green
- knock yourself out at Fitzgeralds pretty much any night of the week
- DANG ME – why did i think it was father’s day ? nix that “event”
- LOVE anything put on by this guy: read + write club lead by john pluecker at project row houses
- sounds like a good lecture. texas and dance halls, two of my favorite things on earth.
- green film series put on by the rice media center
- i should be at this belly dance + yoga class
- YAY discovery green concert series presents the ton tons and buxton. two of my favorite local bands. and its FREE
- beatle’s tribute band: Beetle at continental club. every thursday 7-10 fun and FREE
- contemporary art museum houston, movie screening
- 14 pews movie screening
- free movie at whole foods? what? check it out
- tattoo and body art expo
- houston critical mass bike ride. i’m going to try to make this, last months was a blast!
- FREE concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre.
- houston re-market
- houston peace festival
- 8th annual “empty bowls” at the contemporary craft center
- “the cheesy art show” opening at Space Montrose
- heavy traffic art exhibition at El Rincon
as you can see, there is a lot happening in Houston this week, as always. if you have any more events to add to the houston event calendar or any comments on the events posted, feel free to leave us a comment.